Sat Oct 7
Anoka Squadron Building and surrounding area
This is Anoka’s version of a Cadet Olympics competition.
Teams of 6 cadets will compete in the following events:
- Drill Performance
- Uniform Inspections
- Quiz Bowl Tournament
- Team Leadership Problem
- Emergency Services Challenge Course
- Physical Fitness Challenge
- Aerospace Education Challenge Program
- Impromptu Speech
Throughout this event, there will be both individual and overall team challenges. You can excel as an individual and as part of your team.
- Drill Performance – Individual and team drill challenges
- Uniform inspections – Individual and overall team scores
- Quiz Bowl Tournament – Encompass leadership, aerospace education, history of CAP, other content areas in a quiz bowl format where team vs team
- Team Leadership Problem – using the provided scenario, solve the problem as a team
- Emergency Services Challenge Course – navigate a carries course using all team members
- Physical fitness challenge – individual and team scores
- Aerospace Education Challenge – As a team, find the solution using provided materials
- Impromptu Speech – One individual from each team will be given a topic with a set number of minutes before giving an impromptu speech
At the end of the competition, we’ll have an awards ceremony and present medals to our 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Lunch and snacks will be provided
Registration is open through September 29
We need all cadets who plan to participate to sign up now. After Sept 29, Lt Col Albright will assign cadets to a team. Just like when you go to Encampment or Minnesota Leadership Academy, you will be assigned to a team. Each team will have 1 NCO, 1 Officer and 4 Airman phase cadets. We want every single active Anoka Cadet to be at this event.
Once you have your team assignment, as a team, you need to pick a team name and more.
We’re SO excited for The Phoenix Games.