Aerospace Education & STEM
Aerospace Education is one Civil Air Patrol’s three main missions. STEM education falls under this umbrella.
Anoka is leading the way to incorporate STEM in every way possible. For our cadets, we believe exposure to STEM concepts, activities and career opportunities prepare them for the world we live in. And they can have fun while doing it.
Some of the activities and events Anoka has done or participated in:
- Aerospace Lock In & Amazing Space Race. Created by one of our members, this interactive cadet activity brings in cadets from across the MNWG to participate in aerospace and STEM activities, hear guest speakers and watch aerospace themed movies with friends.
- Field trip to a local astronomy observatory to learn about the stars in our sky as well as our neighbors in the solar system
- Google Hangout with a project manager from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory with a mission briefing on the Curiosity project.
- STEM Kit activities on Robotics, Model & Remote Control Aircraft and QuadCopters
- CyberPatriot, a cybersecurity competition for youth
- Rocketry Badge: cadets completing the Rocketry Program earn the right to wear the Rocketry Badge on their uniforms
Anoka intends to continue to be on the cutting edge of STEM education and resources for our members.