From Wing Announcements:
MN Wing Members,
The MN Wing sUAS Team is conducting a Drone Check Ride / Training Day at Hutchinson on March 25th from 9am to 2pm with a “Rain Date” of April 1st. This is your chance to get your Form 70-5U and/or Form 70-91U complete if you meet the requirements. We will have multiple check pilots available onsite to help you earn qualifications. The primary focus of this day will be to complete check rides, but as time permits, we will help members complete any other sUAS training task they need.
To be eligible to take a Form 70-5U Flight Eval and earn a “sUAS Recreational Pilot” rating you must have the following completed before you arrive:
- FAA Trust Test (https://trust.modelaircraft.org/)
- CAPR 70-1 sUAS Flight Exam in AXIS within 60 days before the 70-5U Flight
- Statement of Understanding in Ops Quals
- Fill out the appropriate CAPF 70-QU Aircraft Questionnaire. This can be done onsite.
To be eligible to take a Form 70-91U (Mission Pilot Flight Check) you must have completed the following:
- Earned a FAA Part 107 sUAS Remote Pilot Commercial License
- Qualified sUAS Technician
- Completed all items on the SQTR For sUAS Mission Pilot in Ops Quals
- Have documentation of 7.5 hours of logged sUAS flight time
If you have questions about this training or how to earn other qualifications, feel free to reach out to Lt Col Wilberg or Maj Tom Fitzhenry, Wing sUAS Officer.
To register please follow this link: https://www.mncap.org/online/activity/app_start.cfm?activityid=4368
Due to space limitations, we are limiting this to the first 15 people who register. Those who have completed all requirements for a check ride will have priority.
Bring a $10 for lunch as we’ll bring something in (Probably pizza or sandwiches). Uniform is any appropriate CAP uniform for drone field work.
We will try to get a few more of these days scheduled throughout the summer, hopefully with a bit more notice next time.