From Wing Announcements:
Good Afternoon Minnesota Wing,
I am happy to announce that for the first time for Minnesota Leadership Academy at Camp Ripley, we are hosting the 1st Senior Leadership Course (SLC). This year at the SLC, we will be offering the Intermediate Training Leaders of Cadets (TLC) and the Corporate Leadership Course (CLC), which are important professional development requirements for seniors.
The CLC is an important step in a senior members professional development for those who have graduated Squadron Leadership School (SLS). CLC discusses the relationship the CAP squadron has with the wing. Specifically, CLC discusses how wing-level operations help to accomplish CAP’s three missions of aerospace education, emergency services, and cadet programs. It also provides a fantastic opportunity to network with seniors from around the state and develop relationships to share ideas, build up your squadron, and provide more opportunities for yourself and others in your squadron.
- Requirement for Competition of Level III in the Senior Member Professional Development Program
- Requirement for the Grade of Captain (or Major if you are under the grandfathered promotion requirements, which expire August 2018)
- Develop and foster communicate and relationships between squadrons
- Interact with the next generation of cadet leaders
The Intermediate TLC is the second step in the TLC program and is targeted for those who have completed the Old TLC course or the New Basic TLC Course. For seniors who are looking to dive deeper into a knowledge of the cadet program or looking to assist their squadrons, Intermediate TLC is a critical need. Anyone who interacts with cadets, whether pilots, ground team leaders, squadron commanders, or logistics officer will benefit from a TLC.
Reasons to attend the TLC
- A requirement for a Senior Rating in Cadet Programs,
- If rated in Cadet Programs, a requirement for Level III and earning the grade of Captain
- A requirement that every have squadron with cadets have at LEAST two seniors trained under TLC
- Required at least once every two years for cadet programs officers once the new CAPR 52-16 is released
All those who have graduated from SLS are eligible to attend. Dates are October 19-22, beginning late Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon. Cost will be announced shortly, but will include meals, lodging, and course materials.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are potentially interested in attending, please email me and I will make sure to email you registration details when MLA applications officially open.
Thank you for all you do for Civil Air Patrol and I look forward to meeting you!
Maj Matthew Frame
Minnesota Leadership Academy