Each year, every Wing has a conference with:
- General Sessions for announcements and wing-wide recognition
- Learning Sessions across all topics – for seniors and cadets
- Networking – meet others from across the wing
- Awards Banquet
- Military Ball.
Anoka has many cadets and seniors who have been nominated for Wing Awards.
It’s a great time to attend and support your fellow wingmen.
Every year, many VIPs attend the Minnesota Wing Conference.
That’s doubly true for this joint conference with the North Central Region.
Stay tuned for the VIP announcements.
When is Wing Conference?
April 22-24, 2022
What do you do at Wing Conference?
Below is a sample agenda from a past conference.
We’ll share more updates as they are announced
Friday, April 22
1300 – 1700 1st Aid – must pre-register
1430 – 1730 Registration Open
1900 – 2100 Cadet/Senior Social
Saturday, April 23
0700 – 0800 Registration Open
0800 All Hands General Assembly-Awards-Seniors/
1115 – 1200
Cadet General Assembly
Senior General Assembly
1200 – 1300 Lunch
1300 – 1550 Senior Break Out Sessions
1300 – 1550 Cadet Break Out Sessions
1700 – 1730 Non-Denominational Service
1730 – 1815 Pre Banquet Social Gathering
1815 – 2100 Banquet & Premier Awards Presentations
2100 – 2400 Military Ball
Sunday, April 24
0800 – 1200 Cadet Advisory Council (CAC)
0900 – 1200 Wing Commander’s Call
Where is Wing Conference?
Cragun’s Resort in Brainerd, MN
Approximately 2.5-hour drive from the Twin Cities.
Visit the registration website to reserve rooms.
What is the cost to attend the conference?
Early Bird Registration through March 18: $25
Standard Registration March 19-April 10: $35
These costs do not include meals or hotel rooms
What are the costs for meals?
Meals are a la carte and must be ordered at the time of registration.
- Saturday Breakfast – $12.00
- Saturday Lunch – $13.50
- Banquet Meal – $31.00
- Sunday Breakfast – $12.00
- Complimentary Sunday Breakfast for Squadron Commanders and CAC only $0.00
Can we bring guests (non-members)?
Yes. Guests can attend this event by filling out a non-member application.
Are there any special requirements for cadets to register?
Yes. Cadets must fill out Form 60-81 for this activity and be signed by a squadron commander.
For cadets who are under the age of 18, a parent signature is also required.
If the cadet is 18+, only the squadron commander’s signature is needed.
The completed Form 60-81 must be scanned in and emailed to LtCol Colleen McArthur at email@example.com in advance of the activity and no later than Weds April 20.
What is the dress code for this event?
Friday – casual
Saturday – Blues/White Aviator for the morning and afternoon schedule.
This is a formal banquet.
Female members – Blues, Corporate Service Dress or evening wearSuggested dress for guests:
Male guests – jacket and tie or shirt and tie
Female guests – evening dress or suit
Go to this link to get started: http://www.mncap.org/
- Download this CAPF 60-81
- Have your parent/guardian sign it.
- Send the parent-signed 60-81 to the Anoka Command Team by clicking here so that Maj Wolfgram, Capt Kenny or LtCol Albright can sign it.
How do cadets handle hotel room registration, roommates, paying for a room, etc?
There are Cadet Protection Requirements for Hotel-Based events
(review CAPR 60-2, Sec 2.7.5 “Hotel based events”)
- Cadet room reservations must be made by a parent or guardian
- An adult CAP member needs to check cadets into their rooms with the Cragun’s front desk when the cadets arrive at the resort (payment may remain on the parent/guardian credit card)
- Adult CAP members can only stay in a room with other adults or their own family members
- Cadets cannot stay with non-family, adult CAP members
- A CAP senior member must be identified as person in charge for any cadets in attendance.
- Squadrons shall provide to the conference staff, a rooming list indicating: Cadets, room numbers, SM in charge.
Please fill out this Google Form with the list of cadet roommates.
1 person can fill this out per room
Book your room at https://craguns.formstack.