From Wing Announcements:
A Search and Rescue Competition for aircrews and ground teams will be held Saturday, 22 September at Hutchinson Airport. This is meant to be a friendly competition among the squadrons and a chance to sharpen our skills. Participating aircrews and ground teams can expect to be evaluated on a variety of mission skills though a round-robin of exercises. Teams will also be evaluated on equipment, mission kits, and knowledge.
This is a limited participation event. All teams must register in advance. For the purposes of registration, the following rules will apply:
- Each squadron can register at most one aircrew and one ground team for participation.
- The air and ground competitions, although concurrent, are essentially separate competitions. There is no requirement to register an aircrew and a ground team together, and no advantage to doing so.
- Team registration is due by Monday, 10 September.
- In the event weather is unsuitable on 22 September, the next day, 23 September, is designated as a “rain day.” All registrants are asked to commit to participation both days, although operations on Sunday the 23rd will be only a contingency.
- If more teams register than can participate, teams will be selected, first with preference that each of the wing’s four groups is represented by a team of each type, and second, after that, giving preference to those teams that registered first. The final list of participating teams will be announced no later than Wednesday, 12 September.
- Each aircrew must be complete (i.e 3 qualified persons) and be composed of members from one squadron.
- The team members must be identified at time of registration. (Alternate crew members may be specified if desired.)
- The aircrew will bring its own aircraft. The aircraft need not be identified at time of registration.
- Each ground team must be complete (i.e 4 or more qualified persons) and be composed of members from one squadron.
- The team members must be identified at time of registration. (Alternate team members may be specified if desired.)
- The ground team will bring its own vehicle. The vehicle need not be identified at time of registration.
More information will be published later in the month.
Lt Col Stan Kegel, CAP
Minnesota Wing Information Technology Officer
Minnesota Wing Assistant Director of Emergency Services