The next staff rotation will begin Tues, Dec 3, 2019 and end on Tues, May 26, 2020.
Positions open include:
- Aerospace Education
- Command NCO
- Emergency Services
- First Sergeant – 2 positions
- Flight Commander – 6 positions
- Flight Sergeant – 6 positions
- Logistics – 2 positions
- Orientation Flight Coordinator
- Public Affairs
- Recruiting & Retention
To learn more about the general responsibilities of each position, please see Cadet Positions.
You may also reference CAPM 52-15.
We reserve the right to leave positions open should we deem it in the best interest of the squadron.
Access the online application form here beginning Nov 3: Cadet Staff Application Form
Applications will be open until 9pm (2100) on Sun Nov 10
For this application, you will need the following:
- Resume emphasizing CAP
- Please limit your resume to one page, focusing on Accomplishments and Responsibilities. Use the Resume rubric in CAPP 60-32 as a reference.
- You may include non-CAP information if you deem it relevant to demonstrating your qualifications as a whole.
- CAP activity narrative
- If you are attending an upcoming activity, you may list that activity and label it (Upcoming)
Flight Commander Applicants:
If you select Flight Commander as one of your top 5 positions, you must submit three sample flight plans: one for a training flight, one for an Airman flight and one for an NCO/Officer flight.
Please see this link for flight plan submission requirements.
All required application elements must be received by Nov 10 @ 2100 for full consideration.
Minimum applicant requirements:
- Must be a member in good standing, having promoted at least twice in the past 12 months
- Must be a current, active member
- Want to serve, learn and build your skills
*Promotion requirements do not apply to Eaker or Spaatz cadets
All eligible applicants will interview in-person on Sat. Nov 23.
Your interview time will be assigned as soon as applications close.
Interviews on Nov 23 are mandatory.
Pre-existing, extenuating circumstances may considered if immediately communicated to Maj Albright and C/Col Hammitt
If you are selected for staff, these are important dates you need to have on your calendar:
Sat Nov 23– 0830-1300 – Cadet Staff Interviews & Assessment
Must commit to being available for the entire period.
Sat Nov 30 -0830-1200 Required Cadet Staff Training
All selected Cadet Staff will meet at the squadron for initial training.
Mid-Term Staff Training is tentatively scheduled for Sat. Feb 22 from 0830-1200*
*To be finalized by Nov 6
If you have questions during this application process, please direct your questions to Maj. Albright at email@example.com
Mary Albright Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets