The next staff rotation will begin Tues, Dec 4, 2018 and end on Tues, May 28, 2019.
Positions open include:
- Aerospace Education
- NEW Public Affairs – Social Media
- NEW Public Affairs – Website
- NEW Emergency Services & DAD Cadet Project Officer
- First Sergeant
- Flight Commander – 6 positions
- Flight Sergeant – 6 positions
- Logistics – 2 positions
- Orientation Flight Coordinator
- Recruiting & Retention
To learn more about the general responsibilities of each position, please see Cadet Positions.
You may also reference CAPM 52-15.
We reserve the right to leave positions open should we deem it in the best interest of the squadron.
Access the online application form here beginning Nov 4: Cadet Staff Application Form
Applications will be open until 9pm (2100) on Sun Nov 11
For this application, you will need the following:
- Resume emphasizing CAP
- Please limit your resume to one page, focusing on Accomplishments and Responsibilities.
- You may include non-CAP information if you deem it relevant to demonstrating your qualifications as a whole.
- CAP activity narrative
- If you are attending an upcoming activity, you may list that activity and label it (Upcoming)
Flight Commander Applicants:
You must submit three sample flight plans: one for a training flight, one for an Airman flight and one for an NCO/Officer flight.
Please see this link for flight plan submission requirements.
All required application elements must be received by Nov 11 @ 2100 for full consideration.
Minimum applicant requirements:
- Must be a member in good standing, having promoted at least twice in the past 12 months
- Must be a current, active member
- Want to serve, learn and build your skills
*Promotion requirements do not apply to Eaker or Spaatz cadets
All eligible applicants will interview in-person on Sat. Nov 17 between 0830 and 1200 at the squadron building.
Flight Staff Applicants will be required to participate in a drill evaluation.
Your interview time will be assigned as soon as applications close.
Interviews on Nov 17 are mandatory.
Pre-existing, extenuating circumstances may considered if immediately communicated to Maj Albright and C/Capt McNair.
Important Dates: Put these dates in your calendar right now.
If you are selected for staff, these are important dates you need to have on your calendar:
Sat Nov 17– 830am-12pm – Cadet Staff Interviews
Sat Dec 1 – 830am-12pm Required Cadet Staff Training
All selected Cadet Staff will meet at the squadron for initial training.
Sat Feb 16, 2019 – 9am-12pm Mid-Term Training Meeting at the squadron building
If you have questions during this application process, please direct your questions to Maj. Albright at email@example.com
Mary Albright Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets