After a one-year hiatus, Discover Aviation Days at the Anoka County Airport will be back this year on June 2-3. This is the largest free fly-in event in MN that features many warbirds and other aircraft. They have requested help from the Anoka County Composite Squadron as usual. CAP is tasked with parking all aircraft, presenting the colors, staffing a recruiting booth, and generally helping to keep the public safe around these complex machines.
There will be a new layout for aircraft parking this year that covers a larger area and as a result we will need more personnel than in previous years. The Anoka County Composite Squadron will not be able to do this alone, so we will be looking for individuals willing to help with the following roles with certain minimum requirements.
This event needs the following roles:
- Ramp Supervisors – FLS Trainee rating or higher or FLM with substantial previous experience, some preferably at this event.
- Assistant Supervisors – FLM Rating with multiple flight line marshalling experiences.
- Flight Line Marshallers – FLM Trainee Rating. Preferably with at least one previous flight line marshalling experience.
- Crowd Control Personnel – General Emergency Services (GES), no previous flight line experience necessary.
- Van Drivers (1-2) – CAP Driver’s License
- Recruiting Team Members – Staff CAP Aircraft and Recruiting Booth.
For those who need training:
Anoka County Composite Squadron will be conducting training for this event during their normal squadron meetings on the following dates:
April 3, May 1, May 22, and May 29.
If you plan to attend this training notify C/Capt Evan McNair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shifts for DAD
Shifts will run from 0600 to 1730 each day.
We will have two shifts per day, 0600 to 1200 and 1130 to 1730. We anticipate needing about 50 personnel for each shift.
Registration is now open for the event.
Click here to apply: https://www.mncap.org/online/activity/app_start.cfm?activityid=2213 for all positions. Once you are finished with the first part, you will be redirected to a Google form for the second part. Please make sure you fill out both parts of the application.
Registration for supervisors and assistants will close on April 30th.
All other positions will close on May 18th.
Uniform will be BDUs/ABUs/Golf Shirt for those working on the flight line. Those doing purely recruiting may wear more formal uniforms.
Food and snacks will be provided for those that work the event.
If anyone is interested in staying overnight, please let C/Capt McNair know at email@example.com. We have some options available.